Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com> on 2023/09/01 07:39:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.18.1.0 (RC2)

Hi all,

I've created a 4.18.1.0-RC2, with the following artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commits/4.18.1.0-RC20230901T0817
Commit: 0e7f7d42f0ec68a360fafa7de21ea06577ed032c

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the following
location):https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.18.1.0/

PGP release keys (signed using 1503DFE7C8226103):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.18.1.0 (RC2)

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Top job!

PS: I know technically we cover this by invoking "-R" in the docs
example, but do you think the issue warrants dropping few words in there
to underline the issue? Something like "do note the -R switch which
backs up the MySQL database routines"

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested various upgrades from different versions and hypervisors, also executed some basic CRUD operations, all looking good.

Bobby.

From: Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 5 September 2023, 17:58
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
+1 (binding)

Tested VM operations from deploy-as-is templates on VMware 7.0, import/export instances and general VM and volumes operations for different roles

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>
Date: Tuesday, 5 September 2023 at 10:37
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
+1 (binding) from me based on network and storage related tests with
both Advanced Zones (with KVM, Xen and VMware) as well as tests on
Security Groups zones with KVM on EL8.

Regards

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <Ha...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

Tested VM and Volume operations with VMware especially with the few features that I’ve involved like datastore clusters. Also tested few userdata scenarios which worked fine.

Thanks,
Harikrishna

From: Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 5 September 2023 at 1:00 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>, users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Hi all,

Just a reminder, the vote will be closed tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <Ha...@shapeblue.com>.
+1

From: Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 5 September 2023 at 1:00 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>, users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks Wei.

Regards.

________________________________
Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Thanks Wei, that's unfortunate, but hey, good thing it got caught in
time.

Regards

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <Ha...@shapeblue.com>.
Thank you Wei.