Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by michael grossniklaus <mi...@balcab.ch> on 2000/11/27 00:16:22 UTC

Tomcat/Apache/Mod_Rewrite

Yo!

I'm trying to use Tomcat together with Mod_Rewrite on an Apache/1.3.14 under
W2K. My configuration (httpd.conf) is as follows:

----

# Include Tomcat
include "c:/progra~1/apache~1/jakarta-tomcat/conf/tomcat.conf"

# Rewriting
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine on
 RewriteRule ^/(.*) /foobar/servlet/foo?bar=$1 [L,PT,T=jserv-servlet]
</IfModule>

----

But when I try to open the page, I get an Internal Server Error (500) and I
cannot find any Logfile that could tell me what's going on. When I specify
the [R] flag, it works, but I don't like that solution...

Does anyone know, what's going on?

Cheers
Mike.

RE: Tomcat/Apache/Mod_Rewrite

Posted by Saurabh Shukla <sa...@cysphere.com>.

Add these lines.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "PATH/apache-rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 6 (change the run level as per you needs).

This is generate a log file "apache-rewrite.log" in PATH directory.

SHuklix