Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com> on 2014/06/27 09:48:36 UTC

For committers: cassandra-2.1.0 branch

We've just release 2.1 rc2 and the final 2.1.0 is just right the corner.
It's time to get strict about committing only bug fixes to 2.1.0 so we
don't introduce new bugs while fixing existing ones. I've thus created a
cassandra-2.1.0 branch. Up until the final release, please commit bug fixes
to that branch first (and merge up to the cassandra-2.1 one), and commit
"new stuff" and other "improvements" to the cassandra-2.1 branch (which
will become 2.1.1).

Note that this does mean that when committing something to cassandra-2.0
(or less), you will have to merge to one more branch, i.e. cassandra-2.0 ->
cassandra-2.1.0 -> cassandra-2.1 -> trunk. This won't last long however.

Also note that this means stuff targeted 2.1.1 can now be safely committed
to the cassandra-2.1 branch.

Thanks for your attention,
Sylvain