Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris <ch...@gmx.at> on 2015/05/17 14:39:35 UTC

Facebook - share individual images

Hi all,

If the user clicks on a certain button, I am dynamically generating an image and mount this as follows: http://www.domain.com/facebook/UUID.png <http://www.domain.com/facebook/UUID.png>. After that, the JS function below is called.

I am using the Facebook feed dialog in order to open the share dialog. Although I am providing unique picture URLs, Facebook always shows an old image (from the cache) and not the one from the URL.
Does anyone know a hint how to force Facebook to use the picture from the URL in its share dialog?
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/reference/feed-dialog/v2.3 <https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/reference/feed-dialog/v2.3>

Thanks, Chris

<script type="text/javascript">
    function shareMessage(link) {

        FB.ui(
                {
                    method: 'feed',
                    name: some name,
                    link: 'some link',
                    picture: link,
                    caption: link,
                    message: ''
                });
    }

</script>

Re: Facebook - share individual images

Posted by Chris <ch...@gmx.at>.
Hi all,

how is it possible to mount specific pages in a dynamic way:

if the user access the page www.mycompany.com/2233444 <http://www.mycompany.com/2233444> then a page should be shown with a specific image, if he access www.mycompany.com/2233555 <http://www.mycompany.com/2233555> then the page with another image is displayed?

Thanks, Chris

Posted by Chris <ch...@gmx.at>.
Hi Martin,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.