Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Varuna Seneviratna <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 09:27:50 UTC

[users@httpd] How to configure Apache to processes .html file

Hello
     When I save a file with a .html extension ,Apache does not processes
the PHP script in it.How to  configure Apache to processes PHP in .html
files?

Thanks Varuna

--
Varuna Seneviratna
No 514 Udumulla Road

Re: [users@httpd] How to configure Apache to processes .html file

Posted by swilting <jo...@wanadoo.fr>.
.htm vs .phtm

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
> >># these get processed by the php interpreter (space delimited)
> >>AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .<your extension here>

> Nick Kew wrote:
> >Please don't propagate that myth.  Abusing AddType for server-side
> >handlers is a grotty hack inherited from the NCSA server, and has
> >been wrong since Apache 1.1 in 1996.
> >
> >See AddHandler.

unluckily this myth is still wide-spread across PHP docs and many package
distributions... looking at PHP docs/bugreports, they don't care much :(

On 11.09.08 14:05, Norman Peelman wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info... have changed my php.conf file accordingly.
>
> AddHandler php5-script .php .htm

seems they don't have something like that for highlighting PHP sources, only
application/x-https-php-source...

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.

Re: [users@httpd] How to configure Apache to processes .html file

Posted by Norman Peelman <np...@cfl.rr.com>.
Nick Kew wrote:
>> # these get processed by the php interpreter (space delimited)
>> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .<your extension here>
>
> Please don't propagate that myth.  Abusing AddType for server-side
> handlers is a grotty hack inherited from the NCSA server, and has
> been wrong since Apache 1.1 in 1996.
>
> See AddHandler.

Ok, thanks for the info... have changed my php.conf file accordingly.

AddHandler php5-script .php .htm

--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
-Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-

Re: [users@httpd] How to configure Apache to processes .html file

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Norman Peelman <np...@cfl.rr.com>.
Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
> Hello
>      When I save a file with a .html extension ,Apache does not
> processes the PHP script in it.How to  configure Apache to processes
> PHP in .html files?
>
> Thanks Varuna
>
> --
> Varuna Seneviratna
> No 514 Udumulla Road
> Battaramulla
> Sri Lanka
> Tel : 011-2888620
> Mobile:0715617141
  You can have any file-extension parsed by adding that extension to the
AddType directive (found in main httpd.conf, apache.conf, or
mods-enabled - php.conf). But you should have a system such as:

# these get processed by the php interpreter (space delimited)
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .<your extension here>

  I personally use (for me it's php5.conf):

.php .htm for pure php scripts or mixed php/html

and I use .html .shtml for completely static pages (you don't need to
tell apache this.)

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 11.09.08 12:57, Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
>      When I save a file with a .html extension ,Apache does not processes
> the PHP script in it.How to  configure Apache to processes PHP in .html
> files?

- you should not name PHP files as .html

- just do it the same way PHP files are marked to be processes with PHP
  interpreter (AddType)