Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Rangan Prabhakaran (BLOOMBERG/ 919 3RD A)" <kp...@bloomberg.net> on 2020/02/21 18:29:30 UTC

Discussion thread for KIP-X

Hi,
A few of us have been following KIP-X. We are interested in the roadmap / plan there and would like to contribute towards the same.

What are the next steps to discuss / iterate on this KIP ? Currently, its in draft state and there does not seem to be a discussion thread attached yet.

KIP - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-X%3A+Introduce+a+cooperative+consumer+processing+semantic

Thanks
Rangan

Re: Discussion thread for KIP-X

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey Rangan,

thanks for the interest! In fact we are still in the design phase, and need
more supporting use cases that requires a higher scaling factor than number
of partitions. It would be good if you could share some of your needed use
case when the unit time of processing one record is the bottleneck, or some
cost wise concern of over-partitioning.

Boyang

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.

--