Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mats Henricson <ma...@henricson.se> on 2009/09/04 14:36:17 UTC

Testify NullPointerException?

Hi!

I'm getting pretty close now. I've managed to get to the
renderPage() function, where I get a NPE:

	at
org.apache.tapestry5.internal.renderers.RequestRenderer.render(RequestRenderer.java:48)

What happens on that line is:

    String contextPath = request.getContextPath();

    if (contextPath.equals(""))    // This is line 48

What happens in RequestImpl (I assume that is the class used here)
is a delagation to the HttpServletRequest:

    return request.getContextPath();

And I've mocked this HttpServletRequest in my Module like this:

public static void
   contributeRequestHandler(OrderedConfiguration<RequestFilter> config,
                            final RequestGlobals requestGlobals) {
    RequestFilter filter = new RequestFilter() {
        public boolean service(Request request,
                               Response response,
                               RequestHandler handler)
                throws IOException {

            HttpServletRequest  httpServletRequest  =
               mock(HttpServletRequest.class);
            HttpServletResponse httpServletResponse =
               mock(HttpServletResponse.class);

            when(httpServletRequest.getContextPath()).thenReturn("");

            requestGlobals.storeServletRequestResponse(
                            httpServletRequest, httpServletResponse);

            return handler.service(request, response);
        }
    };
    config.add("EnsureNonNullHttpRequestAndResponse",
               filter, "before:*");
}

As you can see, I've mocked HttpServletRequest to return "" if
getContextPath() is called, so how can I get a NPE?

Mats

Re: Testify NullPointerException?

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
hi,
I have similar problem, did you find a solution? Thanks.