Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Gopi Krishnan <go...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/02 00:36:41 UTC

Logging garbage collection metrics into yarn nodemanager application log directory for mappers in Hadoop

What is the correct way to log garbage collection metrics into the same
location where yarn syslogs/stderr and stdout logs are located for mappers
in Hadoop Yarn. Any insights wold be helpful:

Here are the setting I tried in mapred-site.xml, but no gc logs were
available in the location ${yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/application_${appid}
and I did not find any logs pointing out issues for the same:

<value>-Xloggc:${yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/application_${appid}/gc-@taskid@.log
-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps
-XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags</value> </property>