Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Rahul Bhooteshwar <ra...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2016/06/18 11:30:01 UTC

Linking Purchase Orders with Requirements

Hello everyone,
I was exploring the issue OFBIZ-7128
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7128> which is regarding the
listing of the Purchase Orders generated using approved requirements.

Currently, the  system doesn't keep track of POs with respect to
requirements. In the case of sales orders, *OrderRequirementCommitment
*records are
being generated once the order status changes from *Created to Approved*.

Should we create *OrderRequirementCommitment *records for Purchase orders
at the time of placing the PO, so that the POs can be tracked corresponding
to the particular Requirement.

As of now the approved requirements are only used for initializing PO cart
& then the requirement is being marked as *ordered *once the PO is created.
This work flow should also be improved, as we are always free to edit the
cart items & how can we mark a requirement as *ordered* if we reduced the
quantity of the item corresponding to the requirement while placing the PO.

In short there are two major concerns:

   - Need of *OrderRequirementCommitment records* for PO
   - Proper validation while Marking Requirements *Ordered *when placing
   POs using Requirements

I would like to invite you all for discussing these requirements,  so that
we can conclude this work flow properly.

Thanks and Regards
*Rahul Bhooteshwar*
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/> - *Global leader in
innovative enterprise commerce solutions **powered by Apache OFBiz.*

Re: Linking Purchase Orders with Requirements

Posted by Rahul Bhooteshwar <ra...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Thank you, Swapnil for the detailed explanation.
Considering only the ordered quantity of an item for a specific
requirement, we can create OrderRequirementCommitment while placing the PO.
I have uploaded the patch for the same.

Thanks and Regards
*Rahul Bhooteshwar*
Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/> - *Global leader in
innovative enterprise commerce solutions **powered by Apache OFBiz.*

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com>.