Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Small Berries <jo...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/05 08:37:33 UTC

dynamic xml, xslt, and flowscript

Hi all,

I've got a problem getting Cocoon to do a relatively simple task.  I
don't think I'm approaching it correctly.  I would like to have users
enter some xml and xslt and display their transformed xml back to the
screen below the text areas (same page).  With just the sitemap I can
use stream generators to display the transformed xml to a new page.
With flowscript, I can display xml to the same page.  But, there
doesn't seem to be any easy way to either A) tack on the transformed
user input to the same page from the sitemap or B) transform the user
input within the flowscript.  This is for an assignment.  I'm looking
for pointers of the direction I should go in.  Is there another way to
try to implement this?

Re: dynamic xml, xslt, and flowscript

Posted by John Small Berries <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 10:07:42 +0300, Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what if you make transformed XML-file with cocoon.processPipelineTo and
> then send that result to a generator that is showing the results?
>
> Like this:
>
> var result = cocoon.processPipelineTo ("transform");
I don't understand fundamentally how the processPipelineTo function
works.  However I used a chain of transformers to get results.  Thanks
for the tips all.

Posted by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, John Small Berries wrote:

> I've got a problem getting Cocoon to do a relatively simple task.  I
> don't think I'm approaching it correctly.  I would like to have users
> enter some xml and xslt and display their transformed xml back to the
> screen below the text areas (same page).  With just the sitemap I can
> use stream generators to display the transformed xml to a new page.
> With flowscript, I can display xml to the same page.  But, there
> doesn't seem to be any easy way to either A) tack on the transformed
> user input to the same page from the sitemap or B) transform the user
> input within the flowscript.  This is for an assignment.  I'm looking

Have you tried <map:aggregation>?

--
JP