Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by harry <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 03:51:35 UTC

Change default session timeout interval

Dear Tapestry community,

I am wondering what's the best practice to change default session timeout
interval.  Specifically, I'd like to shorten it.  The older discussions in
the mailing list seem to be either out-dated or not on point.

I have been using the ApplicationStateManager (with the default strategy of
session storage) to handle User objects.  The storage time is a lot longer
than I intend it to be.

The setMaxInactiveInterval() method on org.apache.tapestry5.services.Session
looks appealing, but I am not sure about /how/ and /when/ to invoke it, if
it is indeed the right method to use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: Change default session timeout interval

Posted by Beat Durrer <bd...@gmail.com>.
I tried using a zoneupdater mixin inside a formfragment (which is
shown/hidden using the triggerfragment mixin on a radiobutton). The
code does what it's intended to do, aside from the reported error.
With the mentioned patch the Exception is reported as following:

Ajax failure: Status 200 for
http://localhost:8086/bpc/application/copywriting.country:countrychanged?param=Switzerland:
TypeError: func is undefined
/tapestry.js:340 ((void 0),(function ()
{callback.call(this);Tapestry.executeInits(reply.inits);}))
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/tapestry.js:2040
([object Object],(function () {var a = merge(args, arguments);return
__method.apply(context, a);}))
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/tapestry.js:338
([object Object])
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/tapestry.js:1864
([object Object],null)
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/tapestry.js:1889
([object Object],null)
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/scriptaculous_1_9_0/prototype.js:399
([object Object],null)
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/tapestry.js:456 (4)
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/scriptaculous_1_9_0/prototype.js:1610
([object Event])
@http://localhost:8086/bpc/assets/0.0.3-DEV/core/scriptaculous_1_9_0/prototype.js:1553
([object Event])

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
The session timeout is strictly a function of a servlet container you are using. Most of them listen to web.xml session-timeout property in session-config section. Look up web.xml syntax on the web.
This has nothing to do with tapestry.

Posted by Rural Hunter <ru...@gmail.com>.
why don't you just set it in web.xml? I don't think tapestry will
violate it.

于 2012/3/26 9:51, harry 写道: