Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Karsten Breit <ka...@spreadshirt.net> on 2011/05/02 11:19:02 UTC

Make fop follow redirects when embedding images?

Hi folks,

my fo templates usually contain external image ressource URLs (PNG format)  that are sometimes being redirected from http to https which leads to exceptions:

SEVERE: Image not available. URI: http://image.spreadshirt.net/.... Reason: org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is not supported. No ImagePreloader found for http://image.spreadshirt.net/.... (See position 7618:152)

It works well when I turn the URL into an https URL before rendering but unfortunately I can't do this safely within production environment.

Is there a known issue with prefetching images including redirects? Any hints how to make fop follow redirects for external ressource URLs?

Each comment is welcome.

Thanks,
Karsten

Karsten Breit
Backend Engineering
sprd.net AG
Gießerstraße 27
04229 Leipzig
Germany

Vorstand/Executive Board: Matthias Spieß, Tobias Schaugg, Philip Rooke
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Lukasz Gadowski
Handelsregister/Trade Register: Amtsgericht Leipzig, HRB 22478
Umsatzsteuer-IdentNummer/VAT-ID: DE 8138 7149 4