Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2018/02/01 18:46:45 UTC

Module license info for RCP, was Re: Ready to vote on Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta RC3?

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 at 17:57 Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>
wrote:

> in general I think we indeed made good strides. Jan has another set of
> PRs prepared, though I think PR #399 is not strictly needed right now.
> That PR is from my POV relevant when we package individual modules
> (update center and maven). PR #401 looks more relevant, as it covers
> embedded licenses.

Just because it's coming up with something I'm working on, and related to
your (Matthias) comment on #399, it would be useful to have the license
info (possibly including something like licenseinfo.xml?) in META-INF of
sources and binaries.  Mainly thinking about making it easy for RCP
developers to hook into the same facilities for generating licensing files
in future.  Being able to access license info / origin info in the UI for
suite libraries, etc. would also be useful.

Best wishes,

Neil
--
Neil C Smith