Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/09/30 06:02:56 UTC

How to build the Modeler [DONE: Modeler assemblies and maven modules renaming]

Platform Modeler assemblies are finished. Now you can build a
platform-specific Modeler with Maven from the trunk code:

# cd cayenne
# svn up

# mvn clean install
# cd assembly/modeler/cayenne-modeler-mac/ (for other platforms cd to
cayenne-modeler-win/ or cayenne-modeler-java)
# mvn package

The modeler (CayenneModeler.app, CayenneModeler.exe or
CayenneModeler.jar) will be placed in the "target" dir.

I guess we can create similar small assembly modules to build cayenne
1.4 + 1.5 and cayenne-client jars.

Windows note:
-------------

"mvn clean install" failed because of spaces in the M2 home directory
when running JPA integration tests. There should be an easy fix...
just need to work on it.

Andrus

Re: Building Cayenne on Windows

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I guess nobody tried to build an entire tree on Windows yet... I just
> described a workaround for the Maven bug that prevents JPA itests from
> building properly:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/Compiling+Cayenne

Actually, I hadn't tried building on anything but Windows.  I just
assumed the test failures were intentional.  So, I've been running with
-Dmaven.test.skip=true to get around.  Obviously skipping tests is not
ideal, so I'll give your workaround a try.

--
Kevin

Building Cayenne on Windows

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.