Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/07/13 04:54:03 UTC

Examples of multi-module site generation?

Can anyone point me to anything that actually works?  I've tried every
example I can find via Google (what few there are), and I cannot get the
modules to generate a link back to the parent project.  Breadcrumbs
don't seem to behave, either.  Maybe I'm an oddball and the only person
who doesn't know the absolute URL where my pages will reside, but I
would think that relative URLs would work.

Any help?
Thanks,
Dave

Re: Examples of multi-module site generation?

Posted by Roman Kournjaev <ko...@gmail.com>.
Yep , like stated in the mail before

Posted by Jacob Robertson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Are you seeing this problem after running site:deploy, or are you seeing it
inside of target?
These links will only hook together properly after a site:deploy.

Re: Examples of multi-module site generation?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Hi Roman,

Thanks for the example, but I think I've already got that stuff
covered.  Here is my sub-module site.xml...

    <project name="Module A">
        <version position="navigation-top"/>
        <publishDate position="right"/>
        <bannerLeft>
            <name>Allure Global Solutions</name>
            <href>http://www.allureglobal.com/</href>
        </bannerLeft>
            <menu ref="parent"/>
            <menu name="Module A">
                <item name="Overview" href="index.html"/>
            </menu>
            <menu ref="reports"/>
            <menu ref="modules"/>
    </project>

I have an index.apt file in the "apt" directory with the "Overview"
information.  The breadcrumbing stuff is gone, for now.  I never could
figure out how to make that work.  It would create the breadcrumb trail
on the final page, but the links never pointed where I expected them
to.  My main project site.xml looks very similar to the above.
Originally, I was counting on it being inherited by the modules, but I
created individual files and source trees after that failed to work out.

Jacob Robertson asked if I had deployed.  Yes, and distribution
management set up to send it to a file: location.  The pages all look
exactly as I would expect them to, except that I can not get a link back
to the parent from either of the modules, nor can I get breadcrumbing to
work.  My real project only has one level of modules, so breadcrumbing
isn't as valuable.  is the <menu ref="parent"/> that I can't get to play
nice.

        <distributionManagement>
            <site>
                <id>sitetest.ihicks.org</id>
                <name>Site Test</name>

    <url>file:///Users/dhicks/Documents/workspace/test_site</url>
            </site>
        </distributionManagement>

This is a very simple test project with two modules.  I set it up
because it takes about 12 to 15 minutes to generate the site for my real
project.  I figured I could do something like this to help speed up the
"development" while I figure out how to get these things to work.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Dave

Posted by Roman Kournjaev <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave