Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org> on 2021/12/30 14:01:43 UTC

[NOTICE] Table API is now Scala-free by introducing a flink-table-planner-loader

Hi everyone,

The new module flink-table-planner-loader replaces
flink-table-planner_2.12 and avoids the need for a specific Scala
version in downstream projects. It is included in the Flink distribution
under /lib. For backwards compatibility, users can still swap it with
flink-table-planner_2.12 located in /opt.

As a consequence, flink-table-uber has been split into
flink-table-api-java-uber, flink-table-planner(-loader), and
table-runtime. flink-sql-client has no Scala suffix anymore.

It is recommended to let new projects depend on
flink-table-planner-loader (without Scala suffix) + flink-table-runtime
in provided scope next to the API.

Note that the distribution does not include the Scala API by default.
Scala users need to explicitly add a dependency to flink-table-api-scala
or flink-table-api-scala-bridge.

We added a new README that can be used for future reference about all
modules that we provide:

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-table/README.md

To the best of our knowledge, currently only the Hive compatibility
layer needs the old flink-table-planner_2.12. Connectors developers and
user programs should be fine with flink-table-planner-loader.

For more information see also:

Timo

Re: [NOTICE] Table API is now Scala-free by introducing a flink-table-planner-loader

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Great job!

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: [NOTICE] Table API is now Scala-free by introducing a flink-table-planner-loader

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org>.