Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by bruno nunes jacinto <Ba...@oninet.pt> on 2003/02/06 17:45:35 UTC

Problems with double click in coplet links

I found a problem in Portal-fw, a sample that comes with cocoon.

When I make double click or  �lots of clicks� in a coplet link, one of  two things can happen:
      1- I receive a page without some coplets.
  OR
      2 �I receive an error page.

This instability happens frequently, so help me as soon as possible.

I already tried in cocoon 2.04, cocoon 2.1-dev with tomcat 4.1.12 or 4.1.18, under win 2000, but the problem still happens.

Best Regards:
Bruno Jacinto ( bajacinto@oninet.pt )

Re: AW: Session problems

Posted by Roberto Cipollini <ro...@humantech.it>.
> that means, that the JSP and the cocoon stuff live in seperate (webapp)
> contexts (you can of course let cocoon handle JSPs). thus, the
> encodeRedirectURL can't work, of course. note though that the
> encodeRedirectURL should be done when redirecting within your webapp. for
> url rewriting based sessions, this appends the ';JSESSIONID=...' to the
url.
> so, not doing this causes losing the session then.
>
> so what can you do? from the top of my head two ideas:
>
> 1. let cocoon handle the JSPs
> 2. deliver the parameters (username/pw) via request parameters/attributes
> (don't know if the latter works, though).

Well, the second idea works fine as i've already tested it and...guess what?
there are 2 different indipendent session.
I put user/pwd values in the session first in the check_login.jsp page, and
then send them via form/action/post/submit to the cocoon environment to let
them be stored in the session of coccon. In this way, i got two session with
the same values that i can retrieve in tomcat or cocoon as for my needs.
This system looks like a bit "non pro". it's just a way of getting round the
obstacle. i don't know if this is the right way.

The first idea seems likely the most useful, but i really CANT have my jsp
be compiled inside the cocoon env.
Just to understand my system i use redhat8, tomcat 4.0.4 and cocoon 2.0.3
I've tryed to have a jsp page be served by cocoon but i got a 505 server
error page....what a tricky situation :)

ill keep on trying....

see ya later
thanks.
Roberto

AW: AW: Session problems

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.
hi roberto, please see bottom of mail.

yes, you're crossing contexts (which I totally forgot to mention in the
beginning).

Re: AW: Session problems

AW: AW: Session problems

Posted by Marco Rolappe <m_...@web.de>.

<snip/>

> If your servlet runs in the same context as cocoon, then i can't see
> at the moment, why you loose your session. from the standard
> behaviour of a servlet container i would expect, that once a session
> is created within one context, this session is kept. I dont think,

my point here was url encoding based session tracking. if cookies are
switched off url encoding is used to keep track of the session (via the
appended ';JSESSIONID=...'). so if you don't encode your urls correctly you
lose your session (in case of url based...).

> that xsp will always create new sessions. if create-session="true"
> I would expect, it creates a session, if none is existing, but once a

well, it does (non-believer ;-), at least in 2.0.4. here the snippet from
the session logicsheet:

      <xsl:variable name="create">
        <xsl:choose>
          <xsl:when test="@create-session='yes' or
@create-session='true'">true</xsl:when>
          <xsl:when test="@create-session='no' or
@create-session='false'">false</xsl:when>
          <xsl:otherwise>true</xsl:otherwise>
        </xsl:choose>
      </xsl:variable>
      <xsp:init-page>
        Session session = request.getSession(<xsl:value-of
select="$create"/>);
      </xsp:init-page>

> session is created it should be keep living for subsequent requests...
>
> After having saying this, i bet you cross webapp boundaries ...
>
> regards, hussayn
>
> Marco Rolappe wrote:
>
> > hi roberto,

<snip/>

Re: AW: Session problems

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <hu...@saxess.com>.
hy,

i would like to understand, in which context your servlet is running.
Is it located within the cocoon webapp, or is it located elsewhere?

from the redirect url i guess you are crossing webapplications ...

If this is the case, you have another problem with session preserving
over multiple webapps. there are solutions to this, but this is far
from trivial...

Marco Rolappe wrote:

> hi roberto,
>
> the reason why your elements are empty probably are the following; the
> session accessed in your XSP might be different from the JSP's session.
> since you redirect without url encoding the redirect url, the session
> probably doesn't survive the redirect. now in the XSP you didn't specify the
> <xsp:page>'s attribute create-session="false" (which is handled by the
> session logicsheet), which defaults to "true", thus a new session is created
> in the XSP.

> I don't know if your sessions are cookie or url rewriting based. anyway, you
> should be url encoding the redirect url, see inline comments below.

Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH
Neuenhöfer Allee 125
D-50935 Köln