Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Tanzer <lt...@frontier.com> on 2020/10/20 16:12:19 UTC

How to do it???

Good Morning,
I recently installed your Open Office 4.1.7   So far, it has worked well.
Today, I ran into a snag.  I received an e-mail with a word document attached.  When I click on the attachment, it opens up, but a moment later another screen opens up on top of it, asking me to subscribe to Office 365.  If I close that screen, it also closes the attachment.
How do I get to open the attachment in Open Office?  I probably have the same issue if the attachment is an excel spreadsheet.  I am using Windows 10.
Thank you,
Larry Tanzer

Re: How to do it???

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Larry,

Right click (control click) on file, choose Open With, navigate to Writer and Open. If you want this to happen to all “Word” files then check the box for all similar files.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: How to do it???

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Sent from my iPhone