Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Nesbitt, Steve" <sn...@cobaltgroup.com> on 2001/09/05 02:36:10 UTC

apply behavior - values for srcfile and targetfile

All:

Question of the day is - how does the apply task determine the values for
sourcefile and targetfile in Ant 1.3?

Here's a snippet of code:

        <apply executable="ln"
                dest="${install.sites.web-inf}"
                dir="${install.sites.web-inf}"
                type="file"
                os="SunOS"
                failonerror="false" >
            <arg value="-s" />
            <srcfile/>
            <targetfile/>
            <fileset dir="${install.web-inf}" >
                <include name="*.tld" />
            </fileset>
            <mapper type="flatten" />
        </apply>

My initial thought is that the value of srcfile is a directory structure
beginning at "${install.web-inf}"  - e.g if ${install.web-inf} is /foo and
/foo contains bar.tld then srcfile should set to bar.tld.

What I appear to be seeing however is srcfile set to /foo/bar.tld - i.e. the
full path.

Is this correct behavior? Or what am I missing?

Thanks!

-steve
Steve Nesbitt
Configuration Manager
The Cobalt Group, Inc.
2200 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
snesbitt@cobaltgroup.com
www.cobaltgroup.com
If it's automotive and it's Internet, it's Cobalt.