Posted to user@gora.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/17 22:48:12 UTC

Documentation for Contributing to Gora

Hi All,

I think that we should create a page:

* Contributing to Gora

at wiki. It may contain:

* How to build Gora
* How to contribute to source code
* Code Style (I learned that Gora uses Nutch code style)
* Contributing to documentation
* Release Procedure (for commiters)
* ...

Me and other people, who may contribute to Apache Gora via GSoC (if they
are accepted), can easily help to contribute wiki for such kind of things.
Because during that process these steps will be applied and tested step by
step.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: Documentation for Contributing to Gora

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey Furkan,
Great suggestion :)

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> * Contributing to Gora

This should reside here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Index#Index-GoraDevelopment

> at wiki. It may contain:
>
> * How to build Gora

+1 definately
Could also go into the README as I doubt we will be changing the build
system any time soon
https://github.com/apache/gora/blob/master/README.md

> * How to contribute to source code

+1 we need this
http://gora.apache.org/contribute.html

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Apache+Gora+Coding+Style

> * Contributing to documentation

We really need this
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gora/site/README.txt

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Apache+Gora+Release+Procedure+HOW_TO

> * ...
>
> Me and other people, who may contribute to Apache Gora via GSoC (if they
> are accepted), can easily help to contribute wiki for such kind of things.
> Because during that process these steps will be applied and tested step by
> step.
>

> That would be great. If you feel like contributing documentation or any
patches then please do. It would be a HUGE help.
Thanks
Lewis