Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "MOKHTARI, Tarik" <ta...@sogeti.com> on 2018/03/07 21:31:52 UTC

Deploy Nifi on Kubernetes behing Traefik

Hi,

We're trying to deploy Apache Nifi on Kubernetes behind Traefik (see https://traefik.io/).

Nifi API is trying to call back directly using pod hostname and not proxy host. This problem is described in http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/nifi-behind-a-proxy-td2763.html

To solve this, we have to override the elements of the URI using :
X-ProxyScheme - the scheme to use to connect to your proxy (https in this
case)
X-ProxyHost - the host of your proxy
X-ProxyPort - the port your proxy is listening on
X-ProxyContextPath - the path you've configured to map to the NiFi instance

This is not possible on Traefik, see https://github.com/containous/traefik/issues/1771:
Traefik team says:
However, after speaking with other members of the team, we think that the process of rewriting the response body in a reverse proxy is too heavy/prone to errors.
We encourage you to either:
- use host based rules only
- use specific Traefik path rewrite headers in you app
- let your app listen on a specific path

Do you have any solution to solve our problem ?

Tarik MOKHTARI | Practice Leader Open | Business Line DIGITAL | Sogeti France
www.fr.sogeti.com