Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/25 16:01:17 UTC

I know annoying when someone posts a stacktrace, but any help ?

I feel stupid posting this, but his stack trace doesn't seem to help me
pinpoint why my navigation to a follow up page after a backingbean method is
invoked is not working. (I've checked the spelling this time, and the
employeeForm.jsp is in the root dir)...

<navigation-rule>
<navigation-case>
<from-outcome>success</from-outcome>
<to-view-id>/employeeForm.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

Method that "is'" being called:

public String retrieveEmployeeAction() {
log.debug("in retrieveEmployeeAction()");
//get Employee from backend
this.name <http://this.name> = "Rover";
this.age = new Integer(25);
return "success";
}

After the above method fires, I get the nice 500 errorI have no idea why.
(Couple notes... the backing bean method first called is returning "success"
and "employeeForm.jsp" is spelled correctly and does exist)...

2005-08-24 18:05:27 StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: Servlet.service()
for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No
WebApplicationContext found: no ContextLoaderListener registered?
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(
InvokeApplicationPhase.java:83)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:200)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:90)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
.... <snip>

Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found: no
ContextLoaderListener registered?
at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:206)
at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:154)
at org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleViewHandler.setupViewController(
ShaleViewHandler.java:224)
at org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleViewHandler.createView(ShaleViewHandler.java:122)

at org.apache.shale.clay.faces.ClayViewHandler.createView(
ClayViewHandler.java:111)
at com.sun.faces.application.NavigationHandlerImpl.handleNavigation(
NavigationHandlerImpl.java:135)
at org.apache.shale.dialog.faces.DialogNavigationHandler.handleNavigation(
DialogNavigationHandler.java:184)
at
... <snip>

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No WebApplicationContext found:
no ContextLoaderListener registered?
at
org.springframework.web.jsf.FacesContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext
(FacesContextUtils.java:78)
at
org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver.getWebApplicationContext
(DelegatingVariableResolver.java:134)
at org.springframework.web.jsf.DelegatingVariableResolver.resolveVariable(
DelegatingVariableResolver.java:112)
at
org.apache.shale.spring.WebApplicationContextVariableResolver.resolveVariable
(WebApplicationContextVariableResolver.java:86)
at org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleVariableResolver.resolveVariable(
ShaleVariableResolver.java:99)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.NamedValue.evaluate(NamedValue.java:125)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(
ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:243)
at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:173)
... 43 more

--
Rick

Re: I know annoying when someone posts a stacktrace, but any help ?

Posted by Rick Reumann <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 8/25/05, David Haynes <da...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Rick Reumann wrote:
>
> > I feel stupid posting this, but his stack trace doesn't seem to help
> > me pinpoint why my navigation to a follow up page after a backingbean
> > method is invoked is not working. (I've checked the spelling this
> > time, and the employeeForm.jsp is in the root dir)...
> >
> > <navigation-rule>
>
> Don't you need a <from-view-id> here?

I've tried it with that and without it. Same problem. (I thought you don't
have to use from-view-id - at least the book I'm using it shows it both
ways? Concept of global forwards)

Posted by David Haynes <da...@sympatico.ca>.