Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/04/10 18:04:15 UTC

migration strategy

This is an initial outline of the main things that I think we need to
deal with concerning migration:

   (1) "how to convert" documentation focused on providing
       developers of ECM and Fortress components a step by
       step guide to transitioning a code base to standard
       avalon

   (2) "facilities providing functionality equivalent to
       the ECM/Fortress platform concerning selector
       and pooled component semantics

   (3) maintenance of binary compatibility with a fortress
       component that can be plugged into merlin (should also
       think about an ECM component)

Part of the process also involves finalization of the excalibur cleanup
(we still have four subprojects failing unit tests) and some work to be
done on getting gump integration complete.  However - that is nothing
stopping us moving ahead with migration docs (probably under the main
avalon site).

Stephen.