Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Patrick Duflot <Pa...@iba-group.com> on 2016/07/27 07:53:26 UTC

Paragraph opened as IFrame in multiple browsers

Hello Zeppelin,

We were trying out Zeppelin. We created notebooks and then we share them as iframe to embed as dashboards in our app.
We have JavaScript widgets that are bound to the Spark context to automatically refresh the data on input changes. Everything was fine until we noticed that when 2 users open the same notebook as iframe when one user changes one input, the results are sent back to the 2 open instances.

Actually, this is explained on the Zeppelin web site and presented as a feature but in the case of paragraph enclosed in an iframe, I rather see this as an inconvenient.
Can this behavior be customized? Does some of you have found a workaround?

To the Zeppelin devs, if this is not possible, do you plan support this in the future? Can this feature help? https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-732

Thanks for your help!

Patrick

Re: Paragraph opened as IFrame in multiple browsers

Posted by Corneau Damien <co...@gmail.com>.
Kinda related to all the issues posted about changing a Notebook with 2
different users to some degree.

It could be possible to block Iframe from sending websocket events. And
eventually from receiving any.

However this would make impossible some features that always persist the
result: Filters and Run query

Right now, any change is persisted in the Notebook, and we always use the
websocket response to apply any action in the UI, however this could be
eventually changed to allow UI changes and Pivot to be done when websockets
is blocked.

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.