Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com> on 2015/05/10 18:29:19 UTC

CSV - how to simulate each user will use all values from CSV file?

HI all,

I am saving 54 values in CSV file, my question is: I want to simulate 100
concurrent users which each user will press on all the links --> first user
will use 54 values from the CSV file, then second user will use 54 values
from the CSV file .. 100th user will use 54 values from the CSV file.

Br,

Erez Naim  |  QA Lead  |
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=34323263>
<http://www.theneura.com/vCards/gilad.vcf>
<http://twitter.com/#!/giladmeiri/>

EL AL 2 Street | Herzliya
mobile (+972) 50 9 555 686 | fax (408) 689.1366 | skype erez.neura

 <http://www.theneura.com/> website  |   <http://www.startupbitz.com/> blog
|   <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=theneura> twitter  |
<http://goo.gl/maps/ZRkg5> map

RE: CSV - how to simulate each user will use all values from CSV file?

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Thanks Felix ! I will surely will do it thanks for your time and your useful suggestion , thumbs up!

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Can you give me example how to do it with the loop count? Thanks!

--Erez--

Using Felix's approach there is no need to replicate CSV values.

RE: CSV - how to simulate each user will use all values from CSV file?

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
Yes, but do I have manually duplicate the lines? Or is there a way to do it more efficiently ?

I tested Felix suggestion and it worked nicely. You just have to set the Test Plan loop count by the number of lines you want to all users go through.

RE: CSV - how to simulate each user will use all values from CSV file?

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
If you don't want to waste time doing the logic, just repeat each line of
your original CSV file by the number of users.
Ex.: in a file with lines

For 3 users you'll need to convert to

RE: CSV - how to simulate each user will use all values from CSV file?

Posted by Erez Naim <er...@theneura.com>.
I am using CSV Data Set Config and I did tried with 100 threads... but it
does not go for 100 concurrent users it does 100 concurrent users which each
one read the same first value...

This is my plan: 54 values in CSV file which each one of my 100 concurrent
users will read those 54 values, each one will read 54 values which will be
in the end 54 values * 100 concurrent users.

So this is what I am trying to simulate. @Felix I have tried to do what u
suggested it result in what I have written at the beginning of this e-mail.

Thanks!

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.