Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bhomass <bh...@cox.net> on 2010/02/03 03:28:40 UTC

don't get why webclient works like this

I am going thru the chat demo. what I thought it would do is allow me to open
multiple browsers, each acting as a chat client, and be able to carry a
conversation. The demo behavior is inconsistent, sometimes passing message
to another client, other times don't even pass back to the originating
client.

when I look into the code for WebClient and MessageListenerServlet, it seems
each client is keeping a map of consumers for each destination. The
MessageListenerServlet does not implement sharing of destinations among all
the clients.

I am puzzled why it is implemented like this. so how would I go about
signing up multiple webclients for one top, and be able to carry a
conversation?