Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ROB DIXON <RD...@wvbep.org> on 2003/10/08 19:07:24 UTC

[users@httpd] help with apache displaying directories

i'll try this again.

i have a redhat 9 box and a mandrake 9 box.

on the webserver on the redhat box i can server directories. i can
request it and browse it just fine.

but on the manadrake box if i create a link to a directory and then
click it i get a page cannot be displayed.

i've check the directive for the directory it appears to be the same as
the redhat box.

 but i cant browse the directory on the mandrake box.

what im tryin to do is have a download page that is easy to manage. i
want to just ftp the files to the directory and browse it.  making it
easier once again to manage.

i know im just missing something little. plz help.

Robert L. Dixon
State of West Virginia
Bureau of Employment Programs
MIS Division
Technical Support Unit
Telephone: (304)-558-2662
Email:rdixon@wvbep.org

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 VirtualHost and SSL

Posted by Joe Apache <ap...@productivitymedia.com>.
If your using the basic SSL setup and your getting Certificate problem,
than the certificate is your problem.  Build another certificate and
see what happens... I'm assuming that your build your cert with -x509?

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 VirtualHost and SSL

Posted by Peter Fleck <fl...@umn.edu>.
That's the setup for the default ssl.conf file and that's what I
have. I just abbreviated the VirtualHost directive in my email.

--
Peter Fleck
Webmaster | University of Minnesota Cancer Center

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 VirtualHost and SSL

Re: [users@httpd] help with apache displaying directories

Posted by Ezra <ez...@acedsl.com>.
Hello Rob:

		I haven't read the responses from others but I think you need to check
the permissions on the directories your trying to view.

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.
Posted by Chris Johnson <ch...@sebis.com>.