Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Tobias G. Pfeiffer" <tg...@web.de> on 2012/01/02 00:35:50 UTC

Integrating OFBiz into web application

Hi,

I am currently looking at OFBiz as a possible solution to integrate a
web shop and ERP backend into my (to be written) web application.

When using OFBiz as a web shop, it seems to be common to use the web
interface provided by OFBiz, and theme/customize it. I was wondering
what a good practice is to build a web application around that web
shop, e.g.: "The user can sign up, upload an image and that image can
then, after a review, be bought as a print by other customers" or: "From
a collection of short films, the user can create his own compilation
and buy a DVD with those films on it".

I guess it's possible *somehow* to have OFBiz provide the ecommerce
backend for such a website (e.g. cart, tax computation, stock
management, payment methods etc.), but what is a good approach to do
so? Is it possible to, say, build a web application using the Scala
Lift framework (also running on the JVM) and borrow the required
functionality from OFBiz? Or is there a better method of extending
OFBiz with custom functionality?

Looking forward to receiving your feedback,
Tobias