Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Allistair Crossley <a....@obvious.uk.com> on 2002/07/12 17:48:45 UTC

Where is the MOD_JK 2 bin or src for Linux...cannot find it on jakarta.apache.org!!

Where is the MOD_JK 2 bin or src for Linux...cannot find it on
jakarta.apache.org!! All the folders in jakarta-tomcat-connectors are empty
for JK2

Allistair Crossley
Lead Technical Developer
Obvious Solutions (Global) Ltd.
“Delivering the vision for a mobile lifestyle”

www.obvioussolutions.co.uk

(m) +44 (0) 7884 056 274
(w) +44 (0) 20 8451 9352
(f) +44 (0) 20 8537 5236

/******************************************/

This is an email from Obvious Solutions (Global) Ltd.
The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary
user of the email address to which it was addressed. No-one
else may copy or forward all or any of it in any form.
If you receive this email in error, we should be obliged if
you would telephone our postmaster on +44 (0)208 357 8352
or  email postmaster@obvious.uk.com. Thank you.

Tomcat 4.0.3 and session handling

Posted by Giorgio Ponza <gi...@opla.it>.
Hi all!!
I have Tomcat 4.0.3 installed, Apache 2.0.36 with warp connector (but the
problem happens also with tomcat standalone)

my welcome page is index.jsp, like configured in web.xml (in order i have
index.jsp, index.htm, index.html).
I try to test my site without cookies, so it usually rewrite URLs.

I do not have problems going from a page to another, the session is always
rewritten on the URL.
But i found a problem. If from a page i try to go onto the root ... like
www.mysite.com/  without specifying any file,
Tomcat creates a new session also if the jsessionid is appended to the URL.
This happens with IE5, 6 and NS4.7, so i must think is a Tomcat problem.
I think the problem is because tomcat tries to redirect from / to the
welcome page, but dont rewrite the URL.
Hope u can understand my english......
Someone can help me? thanx

have a nice weekend