Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by "Bowles, Mickey" <Mi...@AftonChemical.com> on 2017/01/11 18:03:52 UTC

Colon in search query

I have the following end of a url to webapi, where LuceneSearch is the controller action, that returns the correct result set restricted to Type =  Container

/api/LuceneSearch?q=t*st&Type=Container

In the Lucene docs, I should be able to use Type:Container, but this returns a result set not limited to Container.  Odd part is, this was working and I have not changed the code nor updated Lucene (that I am aware of)

Is Type:Container proper syntax?

Re: Colon in search query

Posted by Itamar Syn-Hershko <it...@code972.com>.
It is, but it's also highly dependent on your code and document structure.
If you can post some code maybe we can assist.

--

Itamar Syn-Hershko
Freelance Developer & Consultant