Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org> on 2013/12/17 08:35:16 UTC

Error running cloudstack-setup-management in 4.2

Dear guys,

I do a fresh setup cloudstack version 4.2 from repo. I'm using Centos 6.4.
When setting up MS, I get this error:

bash-4.1# *cloudstack-setup-management*
Starting to configure CloudStack Management Server:
Configure sudoers ...         [OK]
Configure Firewall ...        [OK]
Configure CloudStack Management Server ...[Failed]
Failed to configure CloudStack Management Server, please see the
/var/log/cloudstack/setupManagement.log for detail
Try to restore your system:
Restore sudoers ...           [OK]
Restore Firewall ...          [OK]
Restore CloudStack Management Server ...[OK]

Log from /var/log/cloudstack/management/setupManagement.log:
(/var/log/cloudstack/setupManagement.log doesn't exist)

DEBUG:root:execute:hostname -f
DEBUG:root:execute:iptables-save|grep INPUT|grep -w 8080
DEBUG:root:execute:iptables-save|grep INPUT|grep -w 7080
DEBUG:root:execute:iptables-save|grep INPUT|grep -w 8250
DEBUG:root:execute:iptables-save|grep INPUT|grep -w 9090
DEBUG:root:execute:iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
DEBUG:root:execute:service iptables status
DEBUG:root:execute:service iptables status
DEBUG:root:execute:service iptables start
DEBUG:root:execute:rm -f /etc/cloudstack/management/server.xml
DEBUG:root:execute:rm -f /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6.conf
DEBUG:root:execute:ln -s /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml
/etc/cloudstack/management/server.xml
DEBUG:root:execute:ln -s /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf
/etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6.conf
DEBUG:root:execute:hostname --fqdn
DEBUG:root:execute:mkdir /var/log/cloudstack-management/
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/log/cloudstack-management/': File exists
DEBUG:root:execute:service tomcat6 status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:tomcat6 is stopped            [  OK  ]
DEBUG:root:execute:chkconfig --del tomcat6
DEBUG:root:execute:service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:cloudstack-management is stopped
The pid file locates at /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid and lock file at
/var/lock/subsys/cloudstack-management.
        Starting cloudstack-management will take care of them or you can
manually clean up.
DEBUG:root:execute:chkconfig --level 2345 cloudstack-management on
DEBUG:root:execute:service cloudstack-management status
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:cloudstack-management is stopped
The pid file locates at /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid and lock file at
/var/lock/subsys/cloudstack-management.
        Starting cloudstack-management will take care of them or you can
manually clean up.
DEBUG:root:execute:service cloudstack-management start
DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:Starting cloudstack-management[FAILED]code 4
DEBUG:root:None

What's error code 4?

I found a similar issue from jira:

However it's not my situation.

Need help,

--Tuna

Re: Error running cloudstack-setup-management in 4.2

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org>.
Still got this issue with 4.2. Anyone can help?

Thanks,

--Tuna