Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randolf Richardson <ra...@modperl.pl> on 2017/06/23 15:56:01 UTC

Re: modperl for httpd 2.4? Yes...

	Yes, both ModPerl 2.0 and Apache HTTPd v2.4 are in active
development.

	Please note that there are many different Apache HTTPd modules that
have their own version numbers that are not in lockstep with Apache's
HTTPd server version numbers.  Also, it's important to note that
while version numbers alone are not a reliable indicator of whether a
particular piece of software is in active development (you'd be
better off reading the changelogs which typically include dates with
version numbers that indicate when a particular change was
introduced), there's another important factor -- if the code works
reliably and there are no outstanding issues, then changes are very
likely unnecessary and so what might appear to be "inactive" really
doesn't provide sufficient information to determine other
information, such as research and testing, active development, the
amount of interest, real-world usage, etc.

	We use the current production version of ModPerl 2 with a very
recent release of Apache HTTPd v2.4 (and the libapreq2 libraries as
well), and the HTTP, QOTD, and WHOIS services (the latter two are
written in ModPerl 2 and served by Apache HTTPd) that we host using
these solutions are themselves also actively maintained, plus we are
also adding new ModPerl 2 internet sites with some regularity.

	I hope that helps to answer your question.  You are also always
welcome to ask if you have more questions.

> Hi,
>
> Apache httpd has get upgraded to 2.4.26.
> But modperl is still in 2.0 branch.
> Is it still in active development? thanks.
>

> --
>    We are hiring:
>    http://ml.dnsbed.com/

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com