Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Harbarth, Juliane" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2006/01/19 16:03:15 UTC

Problem with Universal Client and SOAP Action

Good afternoon,

I am trying to call a service using an universal client.
The service is document style, accepts an int and returns
a String. The client code is as follows:

String wsEndpoint=...
String wsNamespace=...
String wsMethod=...
Object[] val = new Object[1];
val[0] = new Integer( args[0] );
Service service = new Service();
Call    call    = (Call)service.createCall();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress(new URL(wsEndpoint));
call.setOperationName( new
javax.xml.namespace.QName(wsNamespace,wsMethod));
Object ret = call.invoke(val);
System.out.println(ret );

The same method used to work for a similar client, but this time I get:
Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

I admit that for the former service (the one the code used to work with)
the WSDL specified: <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" /> (below the
operation
element), whereas for the current service (the one the code does not
work for)
there is a URL in the attribute's value.

I guess I have to enhance the universal client to cope with none-empty
soapActions. Can anybody tell me what I need to do ?

Thanks & regards,
Juliane.