Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/10 18:40:28 UTC

Lucene.NET without DB

Hi, all,

Is it possible to use Lucene.NET only without DB? What about the performance?

I appreciate so much for your help!

LBLabs

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Michael Barbarelli <mb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, of course.  Unless by "DB" you mean Lucene index.  Then, no.

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com>.
Wagner,

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I think your explanation is great.

Best,
LB

RE: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Wagner Ignacio Pinto Junior <wa...@hotmail.com>.

Hi Li,

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com>.
Dear Wayne,

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Wayne Douglas <co...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Li Bing <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Michael Barbarelli <mb...@gmail.com>.

RE: Lucene.NET without DB

Posted by Franklin Simmons <fs...@sccmediaserver.com>.
Absolutely.

For example if you were indexing web pages, you could index the text of the web page in a field named 'content' with Field.Store.NO and Field.Index.TOKENIZED, and the URL of the web page in a field named 'resource' with Field.Store.YES and Field.Index.NO. When processing search results, you can load the 'resource' fields to fetch the URLs.