Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk> on 2006/11/01 17:19:56 UTC

[naming] - quick start help...

Hi directory guys,

0/ Is this the right list to ask this question (not this one exactly, more
like those ones underneath)?
a/ I just want to use naming to develop a PoC of JNDI in James, I'm not
bothered about the internals of my initial context (yet...) what's the
easiest way to get started?
ii/ Where can I get jars, or should I just build it?
**/ if so what is the least I need to checkout?

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company Limited.

Re: [naming] - quick start help...

Posted by Danny Angus <Da...@slc.co.uk>.
"Emmanuel Lecharny" <el...@gmail.com> wrote on 02/11/2006 13:41:32:

> Hi Danny,
>
> sorry, you sent your mail on november 1st, which was a day off in
> many countries ... And your last mail went directly through the
Moderator !

Sorry, I thought I was subscribed from that address too.

> Yes, naming has been sandboxed, since nobody has added a line for
> more than one year (AFAIR). Do you want to ressucissate it ? If so,
> yes, we will piut it back to trunks, but we need commited committers :)
>
> So, basically, you are welcome !

Thanks, let me start using it first in the proof of concept for JNDI in
James, and I'll get back in touch if we decide to move it forwards.
No sense in moving it and commiting myself to more work if we decide to do
something else.

Re: [naming] - quick start help...

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danny,

sorry, you sent your mail on november 1st, which was a day off in many
countries ... And your last mail went directly through the Moderator !

Yes, naming has been sandboxed, since nobody has added a line for more than
one year (AFAIR). Do you want to ressucissate it ? If so, yes, we will piut
it back to trunks, but we need commited committers :)

So, basically, you are welcome !

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,