Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/14 00:24:29 UTC

/trunk GRAVE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to finalize()

On windows vista with JDK 1.6 running /trunk, I see warnings like this often:

    [junit]
    [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
    [junit] 13-sep-2010 22:19:26
org.apache.solr.common.util.ConcurrentLRUCache finalize
    [junit] GRAVE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to
finalize(), indicates a bug -- POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK!!!
[...]

Do others see this also?  Is this new since the test reworking?

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_20"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Re: /trunk GRAVE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to finalize()

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On windows vista with JDK 1.6 running /trunk, I see warnings like this
> often:
>
>    [junit]
>    [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
>    [junit] 13-sep-2010 22:19:26
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ConcurrentLRUCache finalize
>    [junit] GRAVE: ConcurrentLRUCache was not destroyed prior to
> finalize(), indicates a bug -- POSSIBLE RESOURCE LEAK!!!

I see this often as well on vista, for quite some time.

--
Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com