Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Unknown User <kn...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 19:42:15 UTC

Plugin for throttling traffic from an IP

Hi,

Is there an existing plugin for ATS available for throttling traffic from
certain ip's?
If i get more than 1000 connections per minute from ip x, return a 502
unavailable message to any further connections from x for a specified time.

I do not wish to do this with iptables, since that will not allow me to
provide an http response with a valid error.

Thanks,
SuperUn

Re: Plugin for throttling traffic from an IP

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Sep 26, 2013, at 11:42 AM, Unknown User <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there an existing plugin for ATS available for throttling traffic from certain ip's?
> If i get more than 1000 connections per minute from ip x, return a 502 unavailable message to any further connections from x for a specified time.
>
> I do not wish to do this with iptables, since that will not allow me to provide an http response with a valid error.

Maybe take a look at Ironbee (https://github.com/ironbee/ironbee) it comes with an ATS plugin.

-- Leif