Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@anova.be> on 2007/08/09 07:09:32 UTC

Getting started: Using the Maven tooling

L.S.,

I added a second tutorial to the wiki Sandbox
(http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Q94), explaining to a newbie user
how to leverage the Maven archetypes and tooling for building their own
service assemblies.  Any comments, corrections, feedback, ... are welcome.

Gert

Re: Getting started: Using the Maven tooling

Posted by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com>.
On 8/15/07, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/8/07, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@anova.be> wrote:
> > L.S.,
> >
> > I added a second tutorial to the wiki Sandbox
> > (http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/Q94), explaining to a newbie user
> > how to leverage the Maven archetypes and tooling for building their own
> > service assemblies.  Any comments, corrections, feedback, ... are
> welcome.
>
> Nice work, Gert.
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print
> );'

> Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
> Castor - http://castor.org/

I've got a simple screencast of these ops.  It may be a bit old...and not
very useful...but.

http://www.blackholelogic.com/assets/2007/7/5/servicemix-lwcontainer_screencast.mov

Kit
--
Kit Plummer
Nobody-in-Charge @ Black:Hole:Logic

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Getting started: Using the Maven tooling

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 14, 2007 6:31 AM, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:
> L.S.,
>
> Done!  Wouldn't it be a good idea to add the distinction between
> beginner - intermediate - advanced to this page
> (http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/tutorials.html) as well, just to
> 'discourage' beginner users to start writing SE/BC on day 1?
>
> Secondly, how about adding a links to these tutorials in the sites
> navigation (e.g. between user's guide and documentation)?

This is a very good idea and kinda why I wrote this FAQ entry:

http://servicemix.apache.org/should-i-create-my-own-jbi-components.html

This FAQ entry is referenced in the Hello World JBI component creation
examples.

Bruce
);'

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.