Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by "Osis, Ellen" <El...@arrisi.com> on 2014/08/27 15:07:49 UTC

Using zookeeper with Airbnb smartstack

We are planning to use Airbnb smartstack with zookeeper as our key value store. I have read a lot about zookeeper requiring a quorum, but it seems like we could just run a 3-node highly available zookeeper cluster into which all synapse and nerve applications will communicate. I don't think all my nodes in the whole system need to be running zk or involved in the quorum decision-making. Can anyone with smartstack experience comment?

Regards,
Ellen Osis

[image002]
101 Tournament Drive | Horsham, PA 19044
(O) 215.323.1909
Email: Ellen.Osis@arrisi.com<ma...@arrisi.com>

Re: Using zookeeper with Airbnb smartstack

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.
Synapse automatically routes the traffic based on the "available" services.
How to determine "available" services is a technique called service
discovery.

>  I don’t think all my nodes in the whole system need to be running zk or
involved in the quorum decision-making.

I don't understand your question. IMHO, synapse, nerve, and ZooKeeper are
separate components, at least logically.

--
*- Hongchao Deng*
*Software Engineer, CCE*

Re: Using zookeeper with Airbnb smartstack

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

--
*- Hongchao Deng*
*Software Engineer, CCE*