Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Dima Gutzeit <di...@mailvision.net> on 2004/01/19 13:30:24 UTC

Redirect from imported file

Dear list members,

I am expiriencing the following behaviour :

<c:redirect/> Tag does not work from within JSP file , that was imported
using <c:import/> or <jsp:include/>.

Instead of redirecting , the execution of JSP file continues after the
import statement.

Has anyone expierenced such thing ?

Re: Redirect from imported file

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Dima Gutzeit wrote:
> <c:redirect/> Tag does not work from within JSP file , that was imported
> using <c:import/> or <jsp:include/>.
>
> Instead of redirecting , the execution of JSP file continues after the
> import statement.

You can check the servlet API to see that when you do an include, the
included page/servlet is not allowed to modify headers or response code.
  This means you can't redirect from within an include.

--
Serge Knystautas
President