Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "SEYB, DAN A (AIT)" <ds...@sbc.com> on 2002/09/06 18:32:32 UTC

JMETER Nightly's Showing NullPointerException (in Windows??)

Hello.

For the last week or so, I have been unable to use the nightly builds.  The
code compiles OK, and reports no problems that I've found, but when I try to
run JMETER, the 'test plan' entry in the tree is blank, the Edit top level
menu is insensitive, and the Open option in the File menu is insensitive.

If I try to use the right click popup menu, I get a NullPointerException.

It looks like others are using the nightly's, so the problem may well be on
my end.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

dan

I'm using Windows 2000, & Java v1.4.1.  The NullPointerException stack:

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
        at java.lang.String.getChars(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.toCharArray(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.text.GapContent.insertString(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setText(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jmeter.gui.NamePanel.setName(NamePanel.java:97)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.AbstractJMeterGuiComponent.setName(AbstractJMeterGuiCo
mponent.java:30)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.AbstractJMeterGuiComponent.<init>(AbstractJMeterGuiCom
ponent.java:23)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.AbstractControllerGui.<init>(AbstractControlle
rGui.java:18)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.LoopControlPanel.<init>(LoopControlPanel.java:
47)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.gui.ThreadGroupGui.createControllerPanel(ThreadGro
upGui.java:187)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.gui.ThreadGroupGui.init(ThreadGroupGui.java:256)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.gui.ThreadGroupGui.<init>(ThreadGroupGui.java:98)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.control.gui.TestPlanGui.createPopupMenu(TestPlanGui.java:5
2)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.tree.JMeterTreeListener.displayPopUp(JMeterTreeListene
r.java:423)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.tree.JMeterTreeListener.mousePressed(JMeterTreeListene
r.java:337)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)

"Never do anything that's a waste of time, and be prepared to
 wage long, tedious wars over this principle."
Michael O'Connor (project manager at Trimble Navigation)

Re: JMETER Nightly's Showing NullPointerException (in Windows??)

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I have seen this before, and it's trouble.  I have no idea what I did to get rid of it,
unfortunately. If I remember, I'll pass it on.

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya