Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2017/11/02 20:37:19 UTC

VSCode

Hi,

Since FlashBuilder refuses to run for me, I thought I'd take a step into 2017 and use VSCode. Seems quite nice and well designed. I need help getting this to work for Royale. Or does it not yet work for Royale? I'm not sure what to do.

Here is what I have done so far:

Installed VSCode
Watched some videos on it
Installed the Nextgen AS extension

Now it seems like there is a "wave of the hands" and somehow an app can be made and run.  I don't know what to do next. The doc mentions configuring an SDK.

In Settings, I have nextgenas.java set and I see nextgenas.sdk.searchPaths and nextgenas.sdk.framework and nextgenas.sdk.editor. Are these supposed to point to something from a royale-asjs nightly, to royale-asjs/frameworks/lib??

When I look at the Status Bar at the bottom of the VSCode window it says "develop" (well, it said "develop" and now its gone). It also said "royale-asjs" and the develop commit identifier matches the one in the royale-asjs repo so I think that's OK (just don't know why "develop" disappeared).

I see in the royale-asjs repo a bunch of asconfig.json files. I think I understand what they do.

How would I go about loading royale-asjs/examples/royale/DataBindingExample into VSCode and running it? I guess being able to do that would clear up my confusion.

Sorry to be so thick,

—peter

Re: VSCode

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
I am using VS Code with a patched version of asconfigc.[1]

My settings.json file looks like this:
{
    "nextgenas.sdk.framework": "/FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly"
}

tasks.json looks like this:

{
    // See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=733558
    // for the documentation about the tasks.json format
    "version": "0.1.0",
    "command": "/Users/harbs/Documents/github/BowlerHatLCC/asconfigc/asconfigc",
    "isShellCommand": true,
    "args": [
        "--royaleHome=/FlexSDK/FlexJSNightly"
    ],
    "showOutput": "always"
}

The extension gives an error that it can’t find a valid SDK and that prevents a lot of the code hinting from working. I’m not sure why it’s not working. It looks like something wrong inside the CheckFlexJSVersion.jar

I think it’ll make Josh’s job much easier once we release the first version of Royale.

[1]https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvq4osp82nlwbyv/asconfigc.zip?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvq4osp82nlwbyv/asconfigc.zip?dl=0>

> On Nov 2, 2017, at 11:15 PM, Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> It may not work but this is still helpful. Thanks!
> ‹peter
>
> On 11/2/17, 5:13 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
> <carlos.rovira@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com> on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>> Some other things to know that could help you with VSCODE:
>>
>> * For building a project you can use CMD+SHIFT+B
>>
>> Some projects has a .vscode folder and a tasks.json to use maven to build
>> using that key combo. (See for example MDLExample)
>>
>> * You can launch the App as well when building
>>
>> For this in the .vscode there's a launch.json (See MDLExample again)
>>
>> * With settings.json we should have the SDK configured, for example:
>> {
>> "nextgenas.sdk.framework": "
>> /Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/sdks/apache-royale-0.9.0"
>> }
>>
>> I generate that SDK with the following command line:  mvn -s
>> settings-template.xml
>> -DdistributionTargetFolder=/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/sdks/apache-roya
>> le-0.9.0
>> -P build-distribution clean install
>>
>> But this is not working, and is one of the things Josh must to fix. Right
>> now for me I get in the lower-right corner a reference to "Apache Flex
>> 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT" that's clearly wrong due to the lack of Apache Royale
>> support right now.
>>
>> Fixing that, will make VSCODE very useful since you'll get code
>> intelligence and lots of things that right now are broken

>>> Hi Peter, the problem right now is that NextGenAs extension de Josh
>>> seems
>>> to be broken for Apache Royale.
>>>
>>> You can see this:
>>>

>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.c <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.c>
>>> om%2FBowlerHatLLC%2Fvscode-nextgenas%2Fissues%2F144&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cafc
>>> d307cb3a34ed5028608d522368f23%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%
>>> 7C636452540075981630&sdata=AzmN01Qe7valmbIibx98QEgabs10Jl691ZQFqRrUsnQ%3D
>>> &reserved=0
>>>
>>> Maybe we could ask here to Josh if he can give this priority in order to
>>> help us working faster in Royale

>>> --
>>> Carlos Rovira
>>>
>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me% <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%>
>>> 2Fcarlosrovira&data=02%7C01%7C%7Cafcd307cb3a34ed5028608d522368f23%7Cfa7b1
>>> b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636452540075981630&sdata=kvT2kkmUHw

Re: VSCode

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: VSCode

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.