Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by simon <si...@chello.at> on 2007/09/08 20:34:52 UTC

Re: [orchestra] Conversation Timeouts (was changed scope configuration)

Ok, so I guess orchestra could use that same convention. This is still a
"magic number" that people will need to look up in the docs, though.

I still think it is more intuitive for people to not get a conversation
timeout unless they configure one. There will be absolutely no surprised
developers wondering where their beans went.

The http session really does have to be a sane default as otherwise
memory usage will eventually bring down the whole webapp. But with
Orchestra, the conversations do eventually go away - when the session
does.

My, we have spent a lot of bandwidth on a very small point :-)

It's nice to see people are interested in Orchestra though.

Regards,

Simon