Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com> on 2004/11/03 11:48:14 UTC

howto-v20.dtd validation failure

hi,

forrest-0.7-dev r.56479

I've a document with:
<!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN"
"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v20.dtd">

And I'm getting validation errors like:
validate-xdocs:
[snip] Element type "a" must be declared.
[snip] The content of element type "p" must match "(strong|em| [snip]

when running 'forrest'.
Am I bad? I thought that the document-v20 elements were available in
howto-v20?
Also, I'm pretty sure that this doc was fine with a previous forrest
revision (though I can't say when it broke).

Ta, noodl

Re: two general questions

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mié, 03-11-2004 a las 17:13, Nicola Ken Barozzi escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > This is the right list for asking thus question. BTW Tigris will not be
> > supported in future releases of forrest.
>
> Hey, if you personally will not support it, it does not mean it will not
> be supported ;-P
>
> It will still be available, don't worrk.

LOL

Hupps, I mixed up the names.

Cheers for pointing that out Nicola.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: two general questions

Posted by pe...@donovandata.com.
Thanks -- This feature sounds like the answer to my problem.

Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>
Sent by: news <ne...@sea.gmane.org>
11/03/2004 11:13 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: two general questions

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 03-11-2004 a las 16:04, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com escribió:
>>Two general questions:
>>
>>1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
>>in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
>>lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within the
>>current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
>>override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
>>breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
>>there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a whole
>>separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a projects
>>files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
>>this is a central principle behind Cocoon.
>
> Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".

In any case with the locationmap system that is slated for 0.8 it will
be possible to mount source directories.

>>2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins?
>>I've been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two
>>notes about it over the last month or two which no one seems to have
>>picked up on.  If it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be
>>sending to a separate list?
>
> This is the right list for asking thus question. BTW Tigris will not be
> supported in future releases of forrest.

Hey, if you personally will not support it, it does not mean it will not
be supported ;-P

It will still be available, don't worrk.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: two general questions

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Re: two general questions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
>

>> Happy to do the homework, but when I search dev and user lists for the
>> term "IMSManifest" all I'm getting is our notes ("two general
>> questions") and a thread about a broken linkmap. Is that what I'm
>> looking for?
>

> See this post
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=1024
> from Clay (in this thread) which points to two useful threads - at least
> he says they are useful ;-)

Sorry, my apologies, I clearly didn't read his mail very well.

See, the following that came up when I searched with the term
IMSManifest (there are others, but I happen to know these will be helpful):

Re: two general questions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> Happy to do the homework, but when I search dev and user lists for the
> term "IMSManifest" all I'm getting is our notes ("two general
> questions") and a thread about a broken linkmap. Is that what I'm
> looking for?

See this post
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=user@forrest.apache.org&msgNo=1024
from Clay (in this thread) which points to two useful threads - at least
he says they are useful ;-)

Ross

Re: two general questions

Posted by pe...@donovandata.com.
Happy to do the homework, but when I search dev and user lists for the
term "IMSManifest" all I'm getting is our notes ("two general questions")
and a thread about a broken linkmap. Is that what I'm looking for?

Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>
11/03/2004 12:54 PM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: two general questions

Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:22 AM, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick response, but this is a bit cryptic -- I did try
>> a search but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
>

> <snip>
>
>>  > Two general questions:
>>  >
>>  > 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
>>  > in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
>>  > lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within
the
>>  > current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
>>  > override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
>>  > breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
>>  > there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a
whole
>>  > separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a
projects
>>  > files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
>>  > this is a central principle behind Cocoon.
>>  >

>>  Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".
>

> The Forrest Mailing Lists page[1] contains links to the
> user@forrest.apache.org[2] and the dev@forrest.apache.org[3] mailing
> list archives. Follow the links click 'Search list" and search for
> "IMSManifest". I suspect [3] will probably yield more information,
> although [2] might yield information which is user-specific (i.e., more
> relevant to users like me and you).

And I am reading this thread, as author of the IMSManifest plugin I can
answer your questions - but please do the background work first ;-)

I am planning on moving this functionality to a separate plugin so that
it works with site.xml as well, but at present you have to use
IMSManifest plugin.

Ross

Re: two general questions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: two general questions

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 3, 2004, at 9:22 AM, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response, but this is a bit cryptic -- I did try
> a search but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

<snip>

>  > Two general questions:
>  >
>  > 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
>  > in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
>  > lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within
> the
>  > current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
>  > override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
>  > breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
>  > there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a
> whole
>  > separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a
> projects
>  > files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
>  > this is a central principle behind Cocoon.
>  >

>  Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".

The Forrest Mailing Lists page[1] contains links to the
user@forrest.apache.org[2] and the dev@forrest.apache.org[3] mailing
list archives. Follow the links click 'Search list" and search for
"IMSManifest". I suspect [3] will probably yield more information,
although [2] might yield information which is user-specific (i.e., more
relevant to users like me and you).

HTH!

[1] Forrest Mailing Lists
http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html
[2] user@forrest.apache.org
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=260
[3] dev@forrest.apache.org (includes previous forrest-dev@x.a.o)
http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=259

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: two general questions

Posted by pe...@donovandata.com.
Thanks for the quick response, but this is a bit cryptic -- I did try a
search but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>
11/03/2004 10:19 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

forrest user <us...@forrest.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: two general questions

El mié, 03-11-2004 a las 16:04, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com escribió:
> I'm a publications director looking for content management strategies
> and have been having a lot of fun exploring Forrest -- personally I
> think it's a great advance. Thanks and congratulations to everyone
> who's helped (and is continuing to help) make it happen!

Cheers. :)

> Two general questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
> in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
> lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within the
> current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
> override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
> breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
> there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a whole
> separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a projects
> files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
> this is a central principle behind Cocoon.

Search this list and the dev for "IMSManifest".

> 2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins?
> I've been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two
> notes about it over the last month or two which no one seems to have
> picked up on.  If it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be
> sending to a separate list?

This is the right list for asking thus question. BTW Tigris will not be
supported in future releases of forrest.

HTH

Re: two general questions

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: two general questions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
>

>> 1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
>> point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under
>> Tomcat can read files from the other server.
>

> Ok, so you just want to pull content from a different location, not a
> different format.  IIUC, IMSManifest is about having your sources in a
> different format, not a different location.

No, it is a different location.

I think the misunderstanding is that the IMSManifest plugin replaces the
site.xml and tabs.xml format with the IMS Manifest format as well as
adding repository functionality. This plugin does not do *exactly* what
you want to do, it allows whole subsites to be pulled from another
location. At present there is no way of retrieving individual documents,
this is on my todo list, but when I will find time I'm not sure...

Now that I think about it, it would probably be more appropriate to
write a small custom sitemap for your project. A few questions first:

1) what format are your source files in
2) what protocol would you use to retrieve them?
3) what output formats do you want to support.

Ross

Re: two general questions

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 14:46, peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

[snip]
> If this is a restriction, it is a Forrest restriction, not a general
> Webapps restriction. To test this, I went into the underlying
> cocoon.xconf file (within the deployed webapp on Tomcat) and hard
> coded the xdocs directory to point to a separate server. This worked
> fine. The problem is that since this bypasses the Forrest variables,
> any other Forrest functions that depend on these to determine the
> xdocs location (like search and sitemap linking) are probably broken.
> (The ../../../ format doesn't work.)  It looks like if I want to do
> this while waiting for 0.8 to arrive, I'll just have to attempt to
> trace the variable settings back within Forrest to reset the pointers
> and then test all the functions. In the process I may discover that
> there are inherent webapp restrictions, but that would surprise me.

I'm sorry to point out the painfully obvious, but would it not be easier
to sym-link your 'mount point' into somewhere forrest is happy with?

noodl, very likely missing the point again

Re: two general questions

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> Thanks Dave, notes below.
>
>  > > 2) yes, forrest.properties lets me change directories, but only (as
> far
>  > > as I can tell) within the current Forrest project.  If I put an
> absolute
>  > > path to an xdocs directory on another server, Forrest appends it to
> the
>  > > current context path and I get an error.
>  >
>  > I think it is a required part of webapps that they cannot access things
>  > outside their context path.  You can try using ../../../path/to/files
>  > though.
>  >
> If this is a restriction, it is a Forrest restriction, not a general
> Webapps restriction. To test this, I went into the underlying
> cocoon.xconf file (within the deployed webapp on Tomcat) and hard coded
> the xdocs directory to point to a separate server. This worked fine. The
> problem is that since this bypasses the Forrest variables, any other
> Forrest functions that depend on these to determine the xdocs location
> (like search and sitemap linking) are probably broken. (The ../../../
> format doesn't work.)  It looks like if I want to do this while waiting
> for 0.8 to arrive, I'll just have to attempt to trace the variable
> settings back within Forrest to reset the pointers and then test all the
> functions. In the process I may discover that there are inherent webapp
> restrictions, but that would surprise me.

Ok, sounds like a bug.  To our issue tracker [1], please add a report
for forrest.properties paths to support absolute paths.

[1] http://issues.cocoondev.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming

Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote on 11/03/2004 06:28:14 PM:

> peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
> >
> > 1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
> > point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under
Tomcat
> > can read files from the other server.
>
> Ok, so you just want to pull content from a different location, not a
> different format.  IIUC, IMSManifest is about having your sources in a
> different format, not a different location.

OK, thanks. IMSManifest looks interesting, but I hadn't gotten very far
with it, but that puts it in context.

Re: two general questions

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> 1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
> point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under Tomcat
> can read files from the other server.

Ok, so you just want to pull content from a different location, not a
different format.  IIUC, IMSManifest is about having your sources in a
different format, not a different location.

> 2) yes, forrest.properties lets me change directories, but only (as far
> as I can tell) within the current Forrest project.  If I put an absolute
> path to an xdocs directory on another server, Forrest appends it to the
> current context path and I get an error.

I think it is a required part of webapps that they cannot access things
outside their context path.  You can try using ../../../path/to/files
though.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming
http://csx.calvin.edu : student org
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: two general questions

Posted by pe...@donovandata.com.
1) I just mean there's a mapped drive from the Tomcat server (a mount
point actually) which I can specify so that so apps running under Tomcat
can read files from the other server.
2) yes, forrest.properties lets me change directories, but only (as far as
I can tell) within the current Forrest project.  If I put an absolute path
to an xdocs directory on another server, Forrest appends it to the current
context path and I get an error.

Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>
11/03/2004 01:50 PM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: two general questions

Quoting peter.dykstra@donovandata.com:

> Johannes - thanks!  But in answer to your question, I'm not sure if it
> helps me as I didn't fully follow it.
>
> My Forrest is running under Tomcat, deployed as a Webapp, on server A.
My
> content is on a separate server (B), which the Tomcat server can see.
Your

What do you mean the tomcat server can see it?

> procedure sounds like I should (among other steps) run Forrest seed to
> server B and load my content under it. ("do a 'forrest seed' there and
> create your content within that folder").  But I don't want to load
other
> Forrest files on B, and my content is already created.  I just want to
> point from my Forrest web app on server A to a freestanding content
> directory on B by changing settings in my Forrest on server A, and am
> wondering which settings I have to change.

If you're just talking about different directories, you can modify
properties in
your projects' forrest.properties file.

> peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:
>
> I'm a publications director looking for content management strategies
and
> have been having a lot of fun exploring Forrest -- personally I think
it's
> a great advance. Thanks and congratulations to everyone who's helped
(and
> is continuing to help) make it happen!
>
> Two general questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live in
> separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file lets me
> change the directory names and structure, but only within the current
> 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me override that
> and point to any location, but then I'm probably breaking lots of
Forrest
> functions like search and site links.  Is there a safe, sanctioned way
> keep my content repository in a whole separate place, even on a separate

> server, from the rest of a projects files?  I'm figuring others may have

> run into this question, since this is a central principle behind Cocoon.

> I got it like this (Win XP)
> * map a network drive to the forrest server, e.g. F: -->
\\serverX\forrest
> * set FORREST_:HOME accordingly
> * map another drive to your content, e.g. G: --> \\serverY\
> * store your content there, e.g. G:\myproject\
> * do a 'forrest seed' there and create your content within that folder
> * open a command window there from your local machine
> * do 'forrest run'
> * ah, Java is on my local machine
> Result:  forrest runs on my local machine but it is stored on serverX,
so
> that
> everybody can use the same forrest (and I can update it in one place
> only).
> Forrest picks up the content on serverY which is backed up regularily
and
> others can access the content, too.
> Others can access my 'forrest run' by http://mymachine:8888/.
>
> BTW: I hope you're not committing the same error as I did in the
> beginning:
> place your content below the forrest installation directory. Use
'forrest
> seed'
> in a directory *somewhere* on your machine.
>
> Is this of any help?
> For #2 I haven't got an answer :-(
>
> Cheers
> Johannes
>
> 2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins? I've

> been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two notes about

> it over the last month or two which no one seems to have picked up on.
If
> it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be sending to a separate
> list?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice/direction!
>

> --
> User Interface Design GmbH * Teinacher Str. 38 * D-71634 Ludwigsburg
> Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
> Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 *
D-81825

Re: two general questions

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming
http://csx.calvin.edu : student org

Re: two general questions

Posted by pe...@donovandata.com.
Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>
11/03/2004 10:24 AM
Please respond to
user@forrest.apache.org

user@forrest.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: two general questions

Re: two general questions

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
peter.dykstra@donovandata.com wrote:

> I'm a publications director looking for content management strategies
> and have been having a lot of fun exploring Forrest -- personally I
> think it's a great advance. Thanks and congratulations to everyone
> who's helped (and is continuing to help) make it happen!
>
> Two general questions:
>
> 1. Is there a way to use Forrest to publish a set of files that live
> in a separate place outside of Forrest? The forrest.properties file
> lets me change the directory names and structure, but only within the
> current 'forrest.home' context.  The cocoon.xconf settings let me
> override that and point to any location, but then I'm probably
> breaking lots of Forrest functions like search and site links.  Is
> there a safe, sanctioned way to keep my content repository in a whole
> separate place, even on a separate server, from the rest of a projects
> files?  I'm figuring others may have run into this question, since
> this is a central principle behind Cocoon.

I got it like this (Win XP)
* map a network drive to the forrest server, e.g. F: --> \\serverX\forrest
* set FORREST_:HOME accordingly
* map another drive to your content, e.g. G: --> \\serverY\
* store your content there, e.g. G:\myproject\
* do a 'forrest seed' there and create your content within that folder
* open a command window there from your local machine
* do 'forrest run'
* ah, Java is on my local machine
Result:  forrest runs on my local machine but it is stored on serverX,
so that
everybody can use the same forrest (and I can update it in one place only).
Forrest picks up the content on serverY which is backed up regularily and
others can access the content, too.
Others can access my 'forrest run' by http://mymachine:8888/.

BTW: I hope you're not committing the same error as I did in the beginning:
place your content below the forrest installation directory. Use
'forrest seed'
in a directory *somewhere* on your machine.

Is this of any help?
For #2 I haven't got an answer :-(

Cheers
Johannes

> 2. Where's the best place to direct questions about specific skins?
>  I've been having a problem with the Tigris skin and have sent two
> notes about it over the last month or two which no one seems to have
> picked up on.  If it appears to be a bug, for example, should I be
> sending to a separate list?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice/direction!

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Gesch�ftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-G�tz-Weg 11 * D-81825 M�nchen
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Attraktivit�t von interaktiven Produkten messen mit
www.attrakdiff.de

Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Vincent Bray wrote:
>
>>Vincent Bray wrote:
>>
>>>forrest-0.7-dev r.56479
>>>
>>>I've a document with:
>>><!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN"
>>>"http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v20.dtd">
>>>
>>I just noticed the running forrest on itself results in empty documents
>>in the How-To section of the site, so perhaps this area is temporarily
>>wonky.
>>Is there perhaps a svn revision number I could back-date to for now?
>

> Yes, i noticed that too. It is happening since
> the plugins merge i think. Unless someone else
> can fix this quickly, would you please add an
> entry to the Forrest Issue Tracker.

I can confirm this is a bug, but it does not affect validation. I'm not
sure it was introduced by the plugins but I am looking into it now.

Ross

Re: Howto failure (was Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Vincent Bray wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:56, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>I've looked into this and can confirm it is a problem caused by the
>>plugins. behaviour, specifically the simplified-docbook plugin. If you
>>are not using this plugin you can workaround the problem by making your
>>project not use the simplified-docbook plugin see
>>http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F
>>(you will need to add this project.required.plugins property to your
>>forrest.properties file and *not* include simplified-docbook
>

> I'll try that as soon as I can, but now I've svn up'd forrest to r56600,
> I can't get that far.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor
> version 49.0)

Try doing a clean build, if you still have problems make another enquiry
under a different subject, I don't think this is related.

>>If you are using docbook then you should revert to the 0.6 release until
>>this bug is fixed see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348
>

> I'm not using docbook, so I'll continue to try and use HEAD.
> Thanks all once again for your splendid responses.

The bug is fixed in SVN now, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:56, Ross Gardler wrote:
[snip]
> I've looked into this and can confirm it is a problem caused by the
> plugins. behaviour, specifically the simplified-docbook plugin. If you
> are not using this plugin you can workaround the problem by making your
> project not use the simplified-docbook plugin see
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F
> (you will need to add this project.required.plugins property to your
> forrest.properties file and *not* include simplified-docbook

I'll try that as soon as I can, but now I've svn up'd forrest to r56600,
I can't get that far.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0)

> If you are using docbook then you should revert to the 0.6 release until
> this bug is fixed see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348

I'm not using docbook, so I'll continue to try and use HEAD.
Thanks all once again for your splendid responses.

noodl

Howto failure (was Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Vincent Bray wrote:

<snip/>

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 10:48, Vincent Bray wrote:
> forrest-0.7-dev r.56479
>
> I've a document with:
> <!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN"
> "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v20.dtd">

I just noticed the running forrest on itself results in empty documents
in the How-To section of the site, so perhaps this area is temporarily
wonky.
Is there perhaps a svn revision number I could back-date to for now?

noodlet

Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Vincent Bray wrote:
> hi,
>
> forrest-0.7-dev r.56479
>
> I've a document with:
> <!DOCTYPE howto PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD How-to V2.0//EN"
> "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/howto-v20.dtd">
>
> And I'm getting validation errors like:
> validate-xdocs:
> [snip] Element type "a" must be declared.
> [snip] The content of element type "p" must match "(strong|em| [snip]
>
> when running 'forrest'.
> Am I bad? I thought that the document-v20 elements were available in
> howto-v20?
> Also, I'm pretty sure that this doc was fine with a previous forrest
> revision (though I can't say when it broke).

Please do:
cd [new-directory]
forrest seed
forrest validate-xdocs

and see if it reports similar errors for
the samples/sample.xml

--
David Crossley