Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kristine Weissbarth <kr...@sourcepark.de> on 2003/05/12 10:58:42 UTC

empty jar and sourceDirectory

hi,

again another problem. It seems to be trivial but I cannot get it fixed:

with 'maven jar' the jar file of my subproject is created but it
contains nothing but a MetaInf Directory. It seems that maven does not
find my java sources although I specified the right directory in the
package element. And maven does not compile any classes to the directory
specified within the sourceDirectory element of the build section.

Does anybody has an idea what's going wrong here?

Re: empty jar and sourceDirectory

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@yahoo.fr> wrote on 13/05/2003 06:57:39
PM:

> hello,
>
> try "maven java:jar"
FWIW, java:jar just calls jar:jar and puts out a deprecation message.

>  --- Kristine Weissbarth <kr...@sourcepark.de> a écrit :
> > hi,
> >
> > again another problem. It seems to be trivial but I cannot get it
> > fixed:
> >
> > with 'maven jar' the jar file of my subproject is created but it
> > contains nothing but a MetaInf Directory. It seems that maven does
> > not
> > find my java sources although I specified the right directory in the
> > package element. And maven does not compile any classes to the
> > directory
The <package> element is not where you specify source code directory. the
<sourceDirectory> is.

> > specified within the sourceDirectory element of the build section.
The <sourceDirectory> element isn't where compiled code is placed, the
maven.build.dest property specifies where classes are compiled to. it
defaults to ${basedir}/target/classes

> > Does anybody has an idea what's going wrong here?
Does the above help?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: empty jar and sourceDirectory

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@yahoo.fr>.
hello,

try "maven java:jar"

 --- Kristine Weissbarth <kr...@sourcepark.de> a écrit :
> hi,
>
> again another problem. It seems to be trivial but I cannot get it
> fixed:
>
> with 'maven jar' the jar file of my subproject is created but it
> contains nothing but a MetaInf Directory. It seems that maven does
> not
> find my java sources although I specified the right directory in the
> package element. And maven does not compile any classes to the
> directory
> specified within the sourceDirectory element of the build section.
>
> Does anybody has an idea what's going wrong here?

=====
| Raphaël Piéroni                  |
| 33+ 223 351 354                  |
| mailto:rpieroni@dexem.com        |