Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by George Kousiouris <gk...@mail.ntua.gr> on 2014/07/24 20:56:56 UTC

status strings in jclouds and mapping

hi all,

i wanted to check regarding the status message returned in the
NodeMetadata case. From my understanding  and the documentation the
status messages can be:

ERROR
There is an error on the node
PENDING
The node is in transition
RUNNING
The node is available for requests
SUSPENDED
The node is deployed, but suspended or stopped.
TERMINATED
The node is visible, and in the process of being deleted.
UNRECOGNIZED
The state of the node is unrecognized.

Now these are the ABSTRACTED status strings that can be returned
right?As implemented by some kind of mappers from the actual providers
to the jclouds enumeration? If we needed the actual providers string
messages we would use the backend status?

Another question is what is the mapping between Amazon status messages
and more specifically, the REGION_UNAVAILABLE amazon message and the
abstracted enum?

Thanks,
George

---

Re: status strings in jclouds and mapping

Posted by George Kousiouris <gk...@mail.ntua.gr>.
Hi,

thanks for the reply. No, you are right, there is no such state, it is
defined in the Amazon SLA only, but then it is further described as not
having connectivity[1]. More specifically:
"“Region Unavailable” and “Region Unavailability” mean that more than
one Availability Zone in which you are running an instance, within the
same Region, is “Unavailable” to you.
“Unavailable” and “Unavailability” mean:

     For Amazon EC2, when all of your running instances have no external
connectivity.
     For Amazon EBS, when all of your attached volumes perform zero read
write IO, with pending IO in the queue.

"
So it is actually not  a valid return state.

Sorry for the trouble,
George

[1] http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/sla/

---

Re: status strings in jclouds and mapping

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi George,