Posted to dev@johnzon.apache.org by Hendrik Dev <he...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/13 16:35:20 UTC

Config consistency

Had a chat with romain in irc (see below) about the config consistency.

Here are my comments:

The two warnings are correct,
org.apache.johnzon.default-char-buffer and
org.apache.johnzon.max-string-length
are not supported by the Generator.

For org.apache.johnzon.default-char-buffer it should be
"org.apache.johnzon.default-char-buffer-generator", so the
inconsistency here is by purpose because buffer size means two
different things (buffer size for the parser/reader is not the same as
the buffer size for the generator).

So the question here is what "bufferSize" variable in MapperBuilder
means? The buffer size for the generator or the reader? (or really
both, but IMHO this is pointless). I suggest to introduce another
buffersize variable to control reader buffer size and generator buffer
size separately.

And org.apache.johnzon.max-string-length is currently not
supported/implemented in the generator. There is no check yet for a
max string length. We can add them but i dont know if this makes
really sense for an generator.

-Hendrik

---- IRC 13. Apr
[15:10:12]  <@rmannibucau> just upgraded from 0.5 to 0.7 and get

[15:10:12]  <@rmannibucau> AVERTISSEMENT -
org.apache.johnzon.default-char-buffer is not supported by
org.apache.johnzon.core.JsonGeneratorFactoryImpl

[15:10:12]  <@rmannibucau> AVERTISSEMENT -
org.apache.johnzon.max-string-length is not supported by
org.apache.johnzon.core.JsonGeneratorFactoryImpl

[15:10:12]  <@rmannibucau> think we are not that consistent with our config

[15:10:27]  <@rmannibucau> jaxrs provider should propagate all the
config where jsonp validates very strictly the inputs

[15:17:24]  <salyh> rmannibucau hi

[15:18:42]  <salyh> rmannibucau  will look at this
(org.apache.johnzon.default-char-buffer is not supported ...)

[15:19:10]  <@rmannibucau> we use ConfigurableJohnzonProvider

[15:19:31]  <@rmannibucau> if you check
org.apache.johnzon.mapper.MapperBuilder#build you'll get it

[15:19:53]  <@rmannibucau> there is
"config.remove(JsonGenerator.PRETTY_PRINTING); // doesnt mean anything
anymore for reader" already but not all are remoed/set when needed

[15:20:18]  <@rmannibucau> not pinging you to fix but more to try to
find a good solution for this kind of "one side" config

--
Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22

Re: Config consistency

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Personally I don't care much about naming - while we don't change it for
each version - but for easiness.

We have to be pretty strict regarding it
in org.apache.johnzon.mapper.MapperBuilder#build. I'll try to add a test on
it but wondered if finally we shouldn't just tolerate these var cause in an
app it would be common to read a properties and use it as config for both
readers and writers.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>