Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Brian Neradt <br...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/30 23:29:03 UTC

Proposal: extend our pre-commit hook to run autopep8

Hi dev@trafficserver.apache.org,

We currently run clang-format as a part of our pre-commit hook. This is a
helpful tool for applying our formatting standards on our C++ files. I
suggest we extend the hook to also inspect any Python files in the diff
with autopep8. We already provide an autopep8 target but it is not
generally run. I suspect a lot of us don't know about it - I didn't till
today. I ran it and it produced a pretty large diff which I published as a
PR:
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/7070

It would be helpful if the git hook was augmented to help us check our
Python code against PEP8.

I created a draft PR to demonstrate what the hook's implementation would
look like:
https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/7071

Any thoughts or concerns?

Thanks,
Brian Neradt
--
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will
give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for

    ~ Matthew 11:28-30

Re: [E] Proposal: extend our pre-commit hook to run autopep8

Posted by Sudheer Vinukonda <su...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Makes sense!

+1

Posted by Walt Karas <wk...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.