Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by lello <rb...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/18 09:43:08 UTC

TreeTable

Hi,

is it possible to contruct something like a TreeTable?

Thanks,
Lello

P.S.: when is pivot 2.0 going to be released?

Re: TreeTable

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> The tree table cell renderer would be declared as
>
> public class TreeTableCellRenderer extends TreeView implements
> TableView.CellRenderer
>
> but then how do I use it in a TableView?

You set it as the cell renderer for the column. See TableView.Column#setCellRenderer().

> why should I use "flat List implementation backed by a nested list and a
> TreeView instance"?

Because a TableView uses an instance of List as a model. This is analogous to the TableModel implementation in the Swing example.

Re: TreeTable

Posted by lello <rb...@gmail.com>.
Indeed, this is the technique that I as trying to follow:

The tree table cell renderer would be declared as

public class TreeTableCellRenderer extends TreeView implements
TableView.CellRenderer

but then how do I use it in a TableView?

why should I use "flat List implementation backed by a nested list and a
TreeView instance"?

I am quite confused.

Re: TreeTable

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You may be able to use a technique similar to that described in this article:

  http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/treetable1/

The Pivot version would use a TreeView as a table view cell renderer, and you'd create a custom flat List implementation backed by a nested list and a TreeView instance.

Let us know how it goes!

Re: TreeTable

Re: TreeTable

Posted by lello <rb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for th info.
I'll try to avoid the treetable for the moment, but this is a component that
is always missing, even in swing.

Re: TreeTable

Posted by Thomas Leclaire <ze...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

there's a jira ticket for this evolution but it's not currently done,
neither in dev :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-306?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

Greg Brown Said :

We are expecting to release Pivot 1.5.2 within the next week or so. We
are currently targeting
late October/early November for Pivot 2.0.

Bye,
Thomas