Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by a....@ukgrid.net on 2011/02/03 16:37:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.2 with mod_ntlm not working

Quoting a.smith@ukgrid.net:

> I'm attempting to get mod_ntlm2 working (I've not previously used
> it). On a FreeBSD 8.1 server I have installed apache 2.2 and
> mod_ntlm and added a section to the httpd.conf like:

Looks like its probably due to NTLMv1 not being allowed by default on
Windows 2008R2 systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954387

thanks Andy.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.2 with mod_ntlm not working

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "a smith" <a....@ukgrid.net> wrote:

> Quoting a.smith@ukgrid.net:
>
> > I'm attempting to get mod_ntlm2 working (I've not previously used
> > it). On a FreeBSD 8.1 server I have installed apache 2.2 and
> > mod_ntlm and added a section to the httpd.conf like:
>
> Looks like its probably due to NTLMv1 not being allowed by default on
> Windows 2008R2 systems.

It's the year 2011. Microsoft has been working hard since NT 4.0 to
deprecate NTLM. All of it. And still it's haunting us?

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954387
>
> thanks Andy.

have you considered Kerberos?

Most Unixes these days are easily kerberized, if they don't come kerberized
out of the box already.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org